The Anglican Diocese of Canberra and Goulburn was first established as a separate diocese (the Diocese of Goulburn) in 1863. The Diocese is, under the care and authority of the Bishop, the unit of organisation of this Church for carrying out its mission and ministry within the geographical area of the Diocese. It is a rich and diverse diocese, including all of the ACT and the south-eastern corner of NSW, extending as far as Wagga Wagga in the west and Marulan in the north.
We minister to people in rural, regional and city areas. Ministry Units of the Diocese include 59 Parishes and specialist ministries such as Basement Ministries, Open Sanctuary and Lanyon Valley.
The Diocese has eight Anglican schools and numerous agencies including Anglicare, St. Marks National Theological Centre and the Anglican Investment and Development Fund (AIDF).
The Diocesan Office is located in Canberra. It works to maintain effective communication with Diocesan entities and assist the overall strategic development of the Anglican Church in the Canberra and Goulburn region.
For more information visit http://www.anglicancg.org.au.