Baptism at St. Saviour's
Baptism is an important point in any person's journey with God - adult or child. At St Saviour's we are keen to be involved in this journey.
Baptism is an important function of St Saviour's, and such services are conducted in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere where children and families are particularly catered for.
As Jesus himself said: "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them."
Infant Baptism, rightly entered into, is a sign that your child has become a member of Christ, a child of God and an inheritor of the Kingdom of Heaven.
Baptisms are conducted as part of the 10 am Eucharist on the third Sunday of every month.
For more information about Baptism, please telephone or email the Cathedral office (4821 2206).
Marriage at St. Saviour's
St Saviour’s Cathedral is a beautiful and much-appreciated setting for weddings. This photo, taken from the Ascension Chapel, shows why.
(Photo thanks to happy bride Paula and AJ Photography).
Perhaps you, or someone you love, might be thinking of a fairy-tale marriage ceremony: contact the Cathedral office for helpful advice and information.
In considering a wedding at St Saviour’s Cathedral, you join many hundreds of couples who have chosen this sacred place for their marriage service since the completion of the Cathedral in 1884.
Preparing for your Marriage
Over 4 appointments with the clergy the following areas will be discussed:
- Legal Matters: completion of the official Notice of Intended Marriage, for which you need to bring to your first interview:
- Birth Certificates
- If either has been divorced* or widowed, copies of Decree Absolute or Death Certificate
- Evidence of Baptism (for a church wedding, at least one of you must be baptised)
* Where there has been a divorce, the wedding arrangements at the Cathedral cannot be guaranteed until the Bishop has granted permission
- Prepare: A program to help identify strength and growth areas of your relationship.
- Discussion of return information about Prepare.
- Wedding Rehearsal.
To avoid disappointment, it is advisable to book your preferred time and date well in advance. The Cathedral reserves the right to hold more than one wedding on any day, with the provision of one and a half hours in between services.
The basic fee, which includes the non-refundable deposit of $100 includes the services of the officiating priest and organist, the marriage preparation program and other administrative fees and a donation to the Cathedral. This fee is current as of the 1st February 2016 and is subject to change.
Bookings are only considered to be confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. All outstanding monies will need to be paid in full at the Cathedral Office one month prior to your service.